Breach of human rights

As with racial discrimination, this is an area that cannot be described in only a few words. There are some very useful resources available however if you believe the police have breached your rights in any way as is laid out in the Human Rights Act 1988.  You can sue the police for this violation under the directive of the European Convention for Human Rights.

The Human Rights act is available to read online and there is also a very useful leaflet published by Community Legal Service Direct entitled ‘The Human Rights Act’. This is very complex and should you be in any doubt seek advice from either the Citizens Advice Bureau or a specialist solicitor.